Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Piece of entry before I leave for my Hong Kong trip. I got the same style as pow! wakaka...





Oh yes I am going to Hong Kong for an AIESEC RIPPLES Conference on 20th to 27th Jan. The actual conference period is 21st-24th. We are making a day stop at Macau and 3-day trip at Hong Kong itself. On the expense of missing school. Magically school approved my leave without any querries, even though the leave is longer than the conference. I am getting so perked up for the trip! Ignoring the impending workload, I shall enjoy the trip! So points I shall take note:
  1. no checking of mails (or minimal)
  2. no thinking that I can't keep up with school work
  3. no complains for exhaustion
  4. no complains for cultural difference. I am there for the cultural shock!
  5. no comparison to the environment I have here. I am there for a new experience!

The temperature there is 13-17'c. Hong Kong is in winter now! It will be my first time living in winter. Cool man! It will be my first time having to live in a world of Cantonese. I believe my lousy and laughable Cantonese will improve loads after this 8 day trip! And I am going to Hong Kong University! A university I actually intended to go initially. So it will be just-so-cool! Just learned that Hong Kong AIESEC has won the best national committee award last year. So I believe I will be able to learn loads from them!

Keep the spirit up! And I will be back feeling great! :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! This is great; now I will ask you all about Hong Kong once you're back - although I'm quite sure it's not much different from Singapore apart from the Cantonese bit - which is the same for me.

Siew Yik from NUS is going too - I'm sure you know that. Did the NLDS OC have discussions about RIPPLES? Or is it just a coincidence that the only two people I know who are going to RIPPLES are NLDS OC members?

Have fun girl!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Minda - NTU, Singapore said...

Hi bloggers, you're invited to participate in our study on blogs and relationships.

Our study is affiliated with the Singapore Internet Research Centre (SiRC) and examples of previous studies can be found here: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/sci/sirc/workingpapers.html.

Simply fill in the survey and you stand a chance to win US$50!! 3 prizes in total available.

This is an academic research and all data are confidential. You may send any queries to: gohh0003@ntu.edu.sg or mind0001@ntu.edu.sg. Good luck and spread the word to fellow bloggers!

The survey link: http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=591306

9:41 AM  
Blogger w a n x i n said...

Dear nabeel,
I am back and Hong Kong is just so cool! Both culture and temperature! Oh well, it's not a coincidence that people who are going to RIPPLES are from NLDS OC. In fact, there are not just two of us. It's 10 of us from the rocking OC! Wahaha..

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Live
~ wan xin
* a feel
* a soul
* a mind
* an emotion
* an inspiration

+ 13071986
+ ENFP
+ Blue
+ Cancer
+ Buddhist
+ Malaysian
+ Psychology NTU
+ AIESECer
+ Hwa Chong 04S73
+ SCGS
+ MES
+ Choong Hua

我的語言
- 土生土長的華人
- 學校教了我英文和馬來文
- 環境教了我福建話
- 電視劇教了我廣東話
- 大學和喀麥隆教了我法語
- 在一個早上接觸了手語
- 最後一學期一口氣學了日語和西班牙語

Ticking

My whenabouts at my whereabout

Rustle

~Leave me your contact method~

Footsteps

Free Web Counter
Counters