Oh yes I am going to Hong Kong for an AIESEC RIPPLES Conference on 20th to 27th Jan. The actual conference period is 21st-24th. We are making a day stop at Macau and 3-day trip at Hong Kong itself. On the expense of missing school. Magically school approved my leave without any querries, even though the leave is longer than the conference. I am getting so perked up for the trip! Ignoring the impending workload, I shall enjoy the trip! So points I shall take note:
- no checking of mails (or minimal)
- no thinking that I can't keep up with school work
- no complains for exhaustion
- no complains for cultural difference. I am there for the cultural shock!
- no comparison to the environment I have here. I am there for a new experience!
The temperature there is 13-17'c. Hong Kong is in winter now! It will be my first time living in winter. Cool man! It will be my first time having to live in a world of Cantonese. I believe my lousy and laughable Cantonese will improve loads after this 8 day trip! And I am going to Hong Kong University! A university I actually intended to go initially. So it will be just-so-cool! Just learned that Hong Kong AIESEC has won the best national committee award last year. So I believe I will be able to learn loads from them!
Keep the spirit up! And I will be back feeling great! :D