Saturday, June 09, 2007

Remembrance of my Struggle


The juniors' current struggle towards a dream university and a dream course just reminded me of my own that occured last year this time.

Everything may seem perfect now for me, but I couldn't forget those times when I was stressed by the multiple dilemmas faced. Perceived future vs interest, finance vs experience, university prestige vs scholarships. It was when the world looked grey to me. When it seemed like I was the only one who had to go through such hardships of choosing a dream course in a dream university. This is just teenage egocentrism. When we think that we are the only one who go through things we are going through. We think we are unique.

Now looking back, I can still feel faintly the bitter times. But I am also grateful that I didn't choose the easy way out of submitting myself to the easiest path. I fought for it, though it was painful. And now, I am happily studying in NTU, embracing and catching the opportunities that pop up once in a while, not regretting that I haven't tried my best to assure myself of a good future.

To the juniors, all the best in your fight. It may seem hard and hopeless now, but it will be a special episode in your life. An episode that you will never forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger SET said...

The struggle has its good too. We'll get to know ourselves better.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Live
~ wan xin
* a feel
* a soul
* a mind
* an emotion
* an inspiration

+ 13071986
+ ENFP
+ Blue
+ Cancer
+ Buddhist
+ Malaysian
+ Psychology NTU
+ AIESECer
+ Hwa Chong 04S73
+ SCGS
+ MES
+ Choong Hua

我的語言
- 土生土長的華人
- 學校教了我英文和馬來文
- 環境教了我福建話
- 電視劇教了我廣東話
- 大學和喀麥隆教了我法語
- 在一個早上接觸了手語
- 最後一學期一口氣學了日語和西班牙語

Ticking

My whenabouts at my whereabout

Rustle

~Leave me your contact method~

Footsteps

Free Web Counter
Counters