Monday, June 04, 2007

Welcome to the world of acronyms



On the process of searching something for my company, I entered a super interesting website that shows you the acronyms around the globe.

So I tried searching NTU first.

Acronym Definition
NTU Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
NTU National Taiwan University
NTU National Taxpayers Union
NTU National Technological University (Ft Collins, CO, USA)
NTU Natsionalna Telekompania Ukrainy (National Television Company of Ukraine)
NTU Nephelometric Turbidity Unit
NTU Nephlometric Turbidity Unit
NTU Network Terminal Unit
NTU Network Termination Unit
NTU New Threat Upgrade
NTU Northern Territory University (AU)
NTU Not Taken Up (business; offer not accepted)
NTU Nottingham Trent University (UK)
NTU Nuclear Training Unit
NTU Number of Transfer Units

To test how much it has, I tried HCI. And voila! Hwa Chong is in!
Acronym Definition
HCI Handgun Control, Incorporated
HCI Hardware Computer Interface
HCI Harmony Careers International
HCI Health Care on the Internet (journal)
HCI High Current Interest
HCI Highly Coercive Interrogation
HCI Human Capital Index
HCI Hwa Chong Institution (Singapore)
(the list is much longer than this. )

ICX was in too!
Acronym Definition
ICX Incoming Exchange
ICX Inter-Cartridge Exchange

And apparently TGIF doesn't stand for Thank God it's Friday only.
Acronym Definition
TGIF Thank God It's Friday
TGIF Thank God I'm Female
TGIF Thank God I'm Finished
TGIF Thank God I'm Forgiven
TGIF Thank God I'm Free
TGIF Thank God It Floats (Navy architects)
TGIF Thank God It's Florida
TGIF Thank God It's Free
TGIF That Girl Is Fine
TGIF The Great Idea Finder
TGIF This Goes in Front
TGIF Today God Is First

Then I tried my name.
Acronym Definition
LWX LAN/WAN Exchange

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Live
~ wan xin
* a feel
* a soul
* a mind
* an emotion
* an inspiration

+ 13071986
+ ENFP
+ Blue
+ Cancer
+ Buddhist
+ Malaysian
+ Psychology NTU
+ AIESECer
+ Hwa Chong 04S73
+ SCGS
+ MES
+ Choong Hua

我的語言
- 土生土長的華人
- 學校教了我英文和馬來文
- 環境教了我福建話
- 電視劇教了我廣東話
- 大學和喀麥隆教了我法語
- 在一個早上接觸了手語
- 最後一學期一口氣學了日語和西班牙語

Ticking

My whenabouts at my whereabout

Rustle

~Leave me your contact method~

Footsteps

Free Web Counter
Counters